Catch Santa in a tuk-tuk in Weston this weekend
- Credit: Chris Fletcher
Santa will be touring Weston and Worle in a festive tuk-tuk this weekend.
Chris Fletcher will don the famous red outfit and beard and travel in his kitted out tuk-tuk to spread some 'much-needed' festive joy.
Chris, along with his wife Sally, admitted that it had been a tough year due to the coronavirus and hopes to raise people's spirits.
Mr Fletcher said: "It has been a rubbish year, really, and it has not given us much use for our tuk-tuk."
Last year, the pair travelled to India - spawning Chris' obsession with the vehicle, and he decided to import one to set up a new business.
He said: "We set up a business called TukTuk Memories which offers wedding transport and photobooths in the tuk-tuk.
"Due to the coronavirus, it has been dormant so we decided to get some tinsel and lights out and make it into a sleigh.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 New principal appointed at academy
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
"When I drive it in the town centre it always makes people smile without the decorations - it is certainly a head-turner."
Chris will set off from Milton on Saturday, arriving at Morrisons around 11am before heading on to Worle and finishing the day in Weston's town centre and seafront.
He said: "The Sunday route is flexible - people can request we stop there on our Facebook page - it will be a great way to spend the day and there will be goodie bags, music and lights to enjoy."
Covid-19 guidelines will be observed throughout the route.
To keep up-to-date with Santa, or request a stop, log on to www.facebook.com/Tuktukweddingtransport