Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- Credit: Kath Bailey
A scarecrow trail around Kewstoke and Sand Bay is kicking off today (Friday).
The free community event is running over the weekend, giving people the chance to stroll around the village looking for the colourful characters.
This year the trail is based on the theme of TV shows and more than 35 residents are taking part.
A number of community groups and businesses have also made scarecrows for the event, including Royal Oak Stores, Queenie’s hair salon, Ardnave Holiday Park and Home Farm, in Kewstoke.
Organisers are looking forward to putting on the popular event, which brings the community together. Annie Taylor said: “The trail will be the first event in the village since the pandemic and will bring many smiles to the residents.”
Maps of the trail are available from Royal Oak Stores, in Crookes Lane in Kewstoke, at the street entrance of Kewstoke Village Hall and on Beach Road.
Send your photos of the scarecrows in to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 5 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 6 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 7 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years