How to contact school nursing service during lockdown
- Credit: Community Children's Health Partnership
School nurses have issued a reminder that their service across North Somerset is still available during the coronavirus pandemic.
Through a video posted on social media, the school nursing service emphasised it remains open via its confidential telephone line.
Sirona Care and Health’s head of children services, Geraldine Bates, said: “Whether young people are in school or not, we want them to know their school nurses are still here to help them.
“A school nurse is available on the phone every weekday and they are there to help with the same issues as we always have been.”
The video mentions some of the issues school nurses can assist young people with.
You may also want to watch:
These range from anxiety, sexuality and bereavement to struggles with drugs and alcohol.
The video was created by school nurses across the South Weston, including North Somerset.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Sirona’s Head of Children and Family Health Services in North Somerset, Chrissie Hardman said: “In light of the coronavirus situation, many of our services have needed to change how we stay in touch with children and young people and their families.
“School nursing is available on the phone and we would encourage any young person in need of support to reach out.
“Even if our school nurses cannot help with the issue being raised they will be able to find someone who can.”
To get in touch with the North Somerset service, contact them via the number 01934 419339.