Scottish celebrations in Biddisham
HIGHLANDERS will be heading to a Somerset village later this month. A Burns Night will be held in Biddisham Village Hall to celebrate the life and works of poet Robert Burns.
HIGHLANDERS will be heading to a Somerset village later this month.
A Burns Night will be held in Biddisham Village Hall to celebrate the life and works of poet Robert Burns.
The event in the village will include an authentic Scottish menu and visitors are asked to bring along their own tipple.
The celebrations are usually held on January 25, the anniversary of Burns' birth, but the event in Biddisham is taking place on January 26.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Mike Pharo said: "I am sure we will be having a traditional sup of whisky and everyone always enjoys the night.
"The money we raise will go towards village hall funds as we would like to upgrade the heating."
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
Tickets, priced £12 per person or £80 for a table of eight, are available from Rob on 01934 750528 or Mike on 750678 and must be booked by Saturday.