Scouts raise cash for Weston’s RNLI
- Credit: Archant
Young scouts braved the rain and freezing cold winds to raise money for a life-saving service.
The 1st Milton Scouts were holding out collection buckets and dancing along to festive tunes to raise money for Weston RNLI.
The youngsters from the beavers, cubs and scouts could be spotted outside the Sovereign Shopping Centre throughout the day on Saturday spreading festive cheer.
Armed with a musical sleigh, they braved Storm Deidre to raise the money for the lifeboats – who are raising money to put towards a new station.
They have been fundraising on behalf of the RNLI for more than a year and this time they were stood in the High Street catching passers-by as they made their way inside to do some shopping and visit the first eat:Christmas food festival.
You may also want to watch:
The RNLI has now got the keys to their new base at The Cove Restaurant at Marine Lake.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 6 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again