Scouts raise cash for Weston’s RNLI
- Credit: Archant
Young scouts braved the rain and freezing cold winds to raise money for a life-saving service.
The 1st Milton Scouts were holding out collection buckets and dancing along to festive tunes to raise money for Weston RNLI.
The youngsters from the beavers, cubs and scouts could be spotted outside the Sovereign Shopping Centre throughout the day on Saturday spreading festive cheer.
Armed with a musical sleigh, they braved Storm Deidre to raise the money for the lifeboats – who are raising money to put towards a new station.
They have been fundraising on behalf of the RNLI for more than a year and this time they were stood in the High Street catching passers-by as they made their way inside to do some shopping and visit the first eat:Christmas food festival.
You may also want to watch:
The RNLI has now got the keys to their new base at The Cove Restaurant at Marine Lake.
- 1 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 3 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 6 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 7 Weston Lions cancel Real Ale Festival
- 8 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 9 Weston vets wins two awards
- 10 Teenager charged with murder in Weston