Scouts raise cash for Weston’s RNLI
- Credit: Archant
Young scouts braved the rain and freezing cold winds to raise money for a life-saving service.
The 1st Milton Scouts were holding out collection buckets and dancing along to festive tunes to raise money for Weston RNLI.
The youngsters from the beavers, cubs and scouts could be spotted outside the Sovereign Shopping Centre throughout the day on Saturday spreading festive cheer.
Armed with a musical sleigh, they braved Storm Deidre to raise the money for the lifeboats – who are raising money to put towards a new station.
They have been fundraising on behalf of the RNLI for more than a year and this time they were stood in the High Street catching passers-by as they made their way inside to do some shopping and visit the first eat:Christmas food festival.
You may also want to watch:
The RNLI has now got the keys to their new base at The Cove Restaurant at Marine Lake.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 5 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 10 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant