Scout group raises record amount for Weston RNLI
- Credit: Archant
A group of hard-working scouts has raised thousands of pounds for Weston RNLI.
The 1st Milton Scout Group in Weston has raised money for the cause for the past 30 years.
Members raised the money this year by building a Santa sleigh and parking it in the High Street to appeal for donations from shoppers.
In the run-up to Christmas, the group also dressed up and toured the streets in the sleigh to collect donations.
The Santa sleigh is hugely popular and the group collected more than £3,650 for the RNLI this year -a record amount.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Buckland, Weston Lifeboat operations manager said: 'All donations to our charity are valuable and gratefully received. This one is particularly so because it was collected by the boys and girls of the scouts.
'Over the years the 1st Milton Scouts have collected a lot of money for us to help with our role of saving lives at sea.'
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
The scouts would like to thank the people of Weston for their generous donations.