Scout group raises record amount for Weston RNLI
- Credit: Archant
A group of hard-working scouts has raised thousands of pounds for Weston RNLI.
The 1st Milton Scout Group in Weston has raised money for the cause for the past 30 years.
Members raised the money this year by building a Santa sleigh and parking it in the High Street to appeal for donations from shoppers.
In the run-up to Christmas, the group also dressed up and toured the streets in the sleigh to collect donations.
The Santa sleigh is hugely popular and the group collected more than £3,650 for the RNLI this year -a record amount.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Buckland, Weston Lifeboat operations manager said: 'All donations to our charity are valuable and gratefully received. This one is particularly so because it was collected by the boys and girls of the scouts.
'Over the years the 1st Milton Scouts have collected a lot of money for us to help with our role of saving lives at sea.'
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
The scouts would like to thank the people of Weston for their generous donations.