Seal pup rescued from Weston’s seafront
- Credit: North Somerset Council Beach Ranger
A seal pup was spotted on Weston-super-Mare’s seafront this morning (Monday).
The one-month-old baby washed up around the Marine Lake Causeway, near the RNLI gift shop, and was reported to the British Divers Marine Life Rescue (BDMLR) at 9am.
Beach rangers and the divers worked to move the pup to another, more isolated area.
A British Divers spokesman said: “We have moved it somewhere a bit quieter as it was getting distressed by the attention.
“A local ranger stayed with it for a few hours to keep people away.”
A North Somerset Council spokesman said: “It was collected from the BDMLR at about 12.30pm.
“It was on the rocks and it was very healthy and not injured.
- 1 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 2 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 3 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 8 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 9 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 10 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
“The divers think it was a bit cold and was getting some sun.”