Baby leverets rescued and taken to animal charity
- Credit: Secret World Wildlife Rescue
Four tiny baby leverets which were found alone next to their dead mother have been saved by an animal rescue charity.
Animal carers at Secret World Wildlife Rescue in East Huntspill are nursing the babies back to health following the ordeal.
The babies were found by a dog walker whose dog had picked up one of the tiny animals.
After looking around, the walker found the body of a hare in a hedge and three uninjured but weak leverets by the side of it.
Concerned for their wellbeing, he took them into Secret World.
The four babies will be under the supervision of Secret World animal carer Marie Denson until they are strong and old enough to be released back into the wild.
In 2017, the charity looked after 174 hares and rabbits, including a number of leverets.
- 1 Man attacked with axe in Weston
- 2 WATCH: Cars get caught out by tide on Weston beach
- 3 Boat sinks off Weston coast
- 4 'Tragedy' as hundreds of fish die in Weston pond
- 5 Weston MP slams council for bus cuts in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Labour launch campaign to halt bus cuts in North Somerset
- 7 Life-sized suffragette made of Lego to tour Weston next week
- 8 See Monster viewing platform to open next week
- 9 Person dies after incident at Weston's Marine Lake
- 10 Man jailed for savage attack on three women at Weston pub
Find out more about the charity by visiting www.secretworld.org