Security light needed in Wedmore
WOMEN working in businesses in Wedmore have asked for a security light to the car park to make them feel safer at night. The parish council received a request for the light as the winter nights draw in and the streets get darker earlier.
WOMEN working in businesses in Wedmore have asked for a security light to the car park to make them feel safer at night.
The parish council received a request for the light as the winter nights draw in and the streets get darker earlier.
Women working in The Borough say they would like to use the new car park off Cheddar Road, but do not feel safe using the walkway from the road to the facility as it is very dark.
The car park was built as an answer to congestion problems in the centre of the village, but both visitors and people who work in Wedmore businesses are still parking on the roads, making driving difficult.
You may also want to watch:
At the Wedmore Parish Council meeting last week, members agreed that the walkway was very dark and a light to the car park would encourage more people to use it.
Clerk Simon Emary said: "Our budget is going to be really stretched as we are extending the village cemetery as well, but I will get some prices for the work and report back at the next full council meeting.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 6 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 10 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district