Authority appeals for panellists to make decisions about councillors’ expenses
- Credit: Google Street View
A Somerset council is appealing for people to join its panel which determines the rate of members’ allowances.
Sedgemoor District Council panellists can also make recommendations about expenses for parish and town councillors.
Leader of the authority, Duncan McGinty, said: "The council is looking for people who would like to help it set the levels of councillors' allowances.
"Our members are, after all, elected by people in the county to carry out council duties, and the panel is independent to ensure the decision-making process is entirely open and transparent."
Panel members will be required to work 10 hours a year and can claim travel and subsistence expenses.
Appointments to the panel will be for a three-year period.
To join, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 2 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 3 PICTURES: More than a dozen cars damaged in Weston arson attacks
- 4 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
- 5 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 6 NINE vehicles damaged by fire in apparent arson spree in Weston
- 7 Plan for 115 new homes in village rejected
- 8 McDonald's hopes to open restaurant at business park near M5
- 9 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
- 10 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
Applications close on October 4.