Authority appeals for panellists to make decisions about councillors’ expenses
- Credit: Google Street View
A Somerset council is appealing for people to join its panel which determines the rate of members’ allowances.
Sedgemoor District Council panellists can also make recommendations about expenses for parish and town councillors.
Leader of the authority, Duncan McGinty, said: "The council is looking for people who would like to help it set the levels of councillors' allowances.
"Our members are, after all, elected by people in the county to carry out council duties, and the panel is independent to ensure the decision-making process is entirely open and transparent."
Panel members will be required to work 10 hours a year and can claim travel and subsistence expenses.
You may also want to watch:
Appointments to the panel will be for a three-year period.
To join, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
Applications close on October 4.