Authority appeals for panellists to make decisions about councillors’ expenses
- Credit: Google Street View
A Somerset council is appealing for people to join its panel which determines the rate of members’ allowances.
Sedgemoor District Council panellists can also make recommendations about expenses for parish and town councillors.
Leader of the authority, Duncan McGinty, said: "The council is looking for people who would like to help it set the levels of councillors' allowances.
"Our members are, after all, elected by people in the county to carry out council duties, and the panel is independent to ensure the decision-making process is entirely open and transparent."
Panel members will be required to work 10 hours a year and can claim travel and subsistence expenses.
You may also want to watch:
Appointments to the panel will be for a three-year period.
To join, email email@example.com
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 6 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 9 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
Applications close on October 4.