Authority appeals for panellists to make decisions about councillors’ expenses
- Credit: Google Street View
A Somerset council is appealing for people to join its panel which determines the rate of members’ allowances.
Sedgemoor District Council panellists can also make recommendations about expenses for parish and town councillors.
Leader of the authority, Duncan McGinty, said: "The council is looking for people who would like to help it set the levels of councillors' allowances.
"Our members are, after all, elected by people in the county to carry out council duties, and the panel is independent to ensure the decision-making process is entirely open and transparent."
Panel members will be required to work 10 hours a year and can claim travel and subsistence expenses.
You may also want to watch:
Appointments to the panel will be for a three-year period.
To join, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 Record fuel prices pose health threat for Weston parent
- 3 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 9 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 10 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
Applications close on October 4.