Win tickets to see Calendar Girls
- Credit: Alastair Muir
A hilarious award-winning musical comedy will be staged for two weeks in the West Country this summer.
The Mercury is offering readers the chance to win tickets to see Calendar Girls - The Musical at the Bristol Hippodrome next month.
Gary Barlow and Tim Firth's Calendar Girls is inspired by the true story of a group of ladies who decide to appear nude for a WI calendar in a bid to raise cash to buy a settee for their local hospital, in memory of one of their husbands.
The musical comedy shows life in a Yorkshire village, how it happened, the effect on husbands, sons and daughters and how a group of ordinary ladies achieved something extraordinary.
The WI the story is based on has, to date, raised £5million for Bloodwise - a specialist UK blood cancer charity.
You may also want to watch:
Lesley Joseph will join the cast at the Bristol Hippodrome as Jessie.
While she is best known for playing Dorien Green in the ITV sitcom Birds Of A Feather, Lesley has also appeared in Young Frankenstein, Annie and Night And Day.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 10 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
She joins Hollyoaks' Sarah Jane Buckley, Years And Years' Sue Devaney and Loose Women panellist Lisa Maxwell.
Calendar Girls will be at the Bristol Hippodrome, in St Augustines Parade, from July 9-20 at 7.30pm each night.
There will be additional performances on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 2.30pm.
Tickets, starting at £13, are available at www.atgtickets.com/shows/calendar-girls-the-musical
The Mercury has once again teamed up with the Hippodrome to offer one lucky reader a pair of tickets to see the performance on July 9.