WIN: Tickets to see Captain Marvel at Weston-super-Mare’s Odeon cinema
- Credit: Chuck Zlotnick
A new heroine will fly onto the silver screen this week and the Mercury is offering readers the chance to see the hotly-anticipated film for free.
Captain Marvel is all set to take centre stage as the first leading female superhero in the Marvel Universe.
The media franchise first hinted at the superhero’s arrival at the end of Avengers: Infinity War.
Since then, fans have been teased with short trailers and posters to build up the excitement for the film’s arrival.
Set in 1995, Captain Marvel follows Carol Danvers, a former US Air Force fighter pilot, as she turns into one of the galaxy’s mightiest heroes.
You may also want to watch:
The film sees the female lead, played by Brie Larson, join an elite Kree military team called Starforce.
But soon she is left wanting to know more about her past and identity at the same time as Earth is caught in the centre of a galactic conflict between two alien worlds.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
Danvers’ DNA was fused with a Kree during an accident, leaving her with superhuman strength, energy projection and flight.
The superhero film sets up the back story of the heroine before she is paged by Nick Fury after the actions of Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War.
Samuel L Jackson joins Larson in Captain Marvel, reprising his role as Fury, who has yet to become the director of S.H.I.E.L.D, where he discovers superheroes for the first time.
The latest instalment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe will hit cinemas across the country next week.
The Mercury has once again teamed up with the Odeon to offer three lucky readers a pair of tickets to see the film.
The competition will close at 9am on March 14.
Usual Archant competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the cinema.