Wizards do battle in J K Rowling sequel
- Credit: Jaap Buitendijk/Warner Bros Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved
Venture into the wizarding world with the latest remake of one of J K Rowling’s books.
Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 2: The Crimes Of Grindelwald sees Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) and his team of wizards rejoin to battle the dark and dastardly Gellert Grindelwald (Johnny Depp).
At the end of the first film, the powerful Grindelwald was captured by the Magical Congress of the United States of America (MACUSA), with the help of Newt.
But, making good on his threat, Grindelwald escapes custody again and has set about gathering followers to raise pure-blood wizards and witches up to rule over all non-magical beings.
In an effort to thwart his plans, a young Albus Dumbledore (Jude Law) enlists his former student Newt, who agrees to help unaware of the dangers which lie ahead.
Love and loyalty is put to the test among even the truest of friends and family as the Wizarding World is divided.
Once again Newt will call upon his fantastic array of mythical and magical beasts to battle the evil battalion.
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 4 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 5 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 6 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 7 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Hornets celebrate historical promotion to National 2 West
- 10 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
The sequel is the second instalment of the Fantastic Beasts series and is the 10th overall film in the Wizarding World franchise, which began with the Harry Potter film series.
Rowling has once again lent her skills to the screenplay of this hotly-anticipated film and books.
* The Mercury has teamed up with the Odeon to offer three lucky readers a pair of tickets to see it.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the question below by 10am on Friday.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the cinema.