Wizards do battle in J K Rowling sequel
- Credit: Jaap Buitendijk/Warner Bros Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved
Venture into the wizarding world with the latest remake of one of J K Rowling’s books.
Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 2: The Crimes Of Grindelwald sees Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) and his team of wizards rejoin to battle the dark and dastardly Gellert Grindelwald (Johnny Depp).
At the end of the first film, the powerful Grindelwald was captured by the Magical Congress of the United States of America (MACUSA), with the help of Newt.
But, making good on his threat, Grindelwald escapes custody again and has set about gathering followers to raise pure-blood wizards and witches up to rule over all non-magical beings.
In an effort to thwart his plans, a young Albus Dumbledore (Jude Law) enlists his former student Newt, who agrees to help unaware of the dangers which lie ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Love and loyalty is put to the test among even the truest of friends and family as the Wizarding World is divided.
Once again Newt will call upon his fantastic array of mythical and magical beasts to battle the evil battalion.
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Legendary DJ to perform in Weston this weekend
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
The sequel is the second instalment of the Fantastic Beasts series and is the 10th overall film in the Wizarding World franchise, which began with the Harry Potter film series.
Rowling has once again lent her skills to the screenplay of this hotly-anticipated film and books.
* The Mercury has teamed up with the Odeon to offer three lucky readers a pair of tickets to see it.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the question below by 10am on Friday.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the cinema.