WIN: Former Scotland Yard investigator talks about how to solve cold cases
- Credit: Sub
An evening of true crime studies awaits a Weston audience.
How To Be An Armchair Detective will see former Senior Investigating Officer, Metropolitan Police Murder Squad Colin Sutton and YouTube’s The Armchair Detective Alan Vinnicombe will tell the secrets of solving a cold case.
Colin is most famously regarded as the officer to lead the investigations to convict Levi Bellfield and Delroy Grant.
He spend nine years of his police career as Senior Investigating Officer for the Metropolitan Police’s Murder Squad.
Among the dozens of investigations he lef, the most notable was Bellfield, who was found guilty and jailed for killing Marsha McDonnell, Amélie Delagrange and the attempted murder of Kate Sheedy.
You may also want to watch:
But most infamously he was found guilty of killing 13-year-old Milly Dowler.
The show will be at the Winter Gardens, in Royal Parade, at 7.30pm on December 16.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
Tickets, priced £15, are available online at email@example.com
The Mercury has teamed up with Alan Vinnicombe to offer five pairs of tickets to the show.
To enter this competition, answer the following question: What is the name of show?
Send your name, address and phone number to Armchair Detective competition, Weston Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston, BS23 1LW or enter online at www.westonmercury.co.uk before 10am on December 13.
By entering you agree to be contacted about it by Archant.