Tickets to see Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake at Bristol Hippodrome up for grabs
- Credit: Johan Persson
Powerhouse choreographer Matthew Bourne turns one of the most iconic ballets in history on its head.
Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake will see the re-imaging of the classic production with music penned by Tchaikovsky.
The show will retain the iconic elements of the original production loved by millions around the world.
Thrilling, audacious, witty and emotive, Bourne’s Swan Lake is best-known for replacing the female corps-de-ballet with a menacing male ensemble.
The move shattered conventions, turned tradition upside down and took the dance world by storm.
You may also want to watch:
Collecting more than 30 international accolades including an Olivier Award in the UK and three Tony Awards on Broadway, Bourne’s powerful interpretation of Tchaikovsky’s masterpiece is a passionate and contemporary Swan Lake for the times.
Bourne said: “With the largest cast in our repertory, Swan Lake always gives us the opportunity to bring a wealth of new talent into the company and I’m excited to welcome so many new dancers into the New Adventures family.
- 1 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 10 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
“I’m particularly thrilled to welcome cast members whose journey to this production came via our production of Lord of the Flies or through our Swan School which was designed to develop young talent for this company.”
Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake will be at the Bristol Hippodrome, in St Augustines Parade, from March 12-16.
There will be a 7.30pm performance every evening as well as a 2.30pm matinee on March 14 and 16.
Tickets, priced £19.40-62.40, are available from www.atgtickets.com/shows or alternatively from the box office on 08448 713012.
The Mercury has once again teamed up with the Hippodrome to offer one lucky reader a pair of tickets to see the show on March 12.
Send your answer along with your name, address, email address and phone number to Swan Lake competition, Weston, Worle and Somerset Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset, BS23 1LW.
This competition will close on March 7.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the theatre.