WIN: Tickets to see Rod Stewart tribute act at Weston-super-Mare’s Playhouse
- Credit: Archant
A remarkable tribute act will pay homage to one of rock ‘n’ rolls’ best performers, and the Mercury is giving readers the chance to enjoy it for free.
Some Guys Have All The Luck is a fantastic theatrical show celebrating the life and career of one of the rocks greatest icons, Rod Stewart,
The show will follow the singer from street busker through to international superstar.
Paul Metcalfe delivers an authentic and charismatic performance assuming the role of the legendary singer-songwriter and performer.
Metcalfe will take on Rod’s distinctive vocals and swagger as he commands the stage to remind the audience what made him one of the most loved performers of all time.
Many of Stewart’s massive hits will be performed in the show, charting his success as a soloist with Maggie May, Baby Jane, Da Ya Think I’m Sexy through to big ballads such as Sailing, You’re In My Heart and Tonight’s The Night.
He will also perform some favourites from his days with the Faces such as Stay With Me and Twisting The Night Away and timeless Motown tunes from the album Soulbook.
- 1 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandalism spree
- 2 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 3 Poetry legend Pam Ayres enjoys Weston fish and chips!
- 4 Westonian turns 100 and praises 'antibiotics' for her longevity
- 5 Teen, 16, among football fans BANNED from matches
- 6 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 7 Have your say over major town centre redevelopment
- 8 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 9 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 10 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
Some Guy Have All The Luck – The Rod Stewart Story will be at The Playhouse Theatre, in Weston’s High Street, at 7.30pm on October 13.
Tickets, priced £23.50, are available from www.theplayhouse.co.uk or from 01934 645544.
The Mercury has teamed up with the theatre once again to offer two lucky readers a pair of tickets to see the show.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the following question: Which rock star does this Playhouse show pay tribute to?
Send your answer along with your name, address, email address and phone number to The Rod Stewart Story competition, Weston, Worle & Somerset Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset, BS23 1LW.
Alternatively you can enter online at www.westonmercury.co.uk
All entries must be in by 10am on October 5. Any received after this time will not be accepted.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the theatre.