WIN: Tickets to see Emerald Storm at Weston-super-Mare’s Playhouse Theatre
- Credit: Sub
A new theatre show will take Weston by storm as Irish river dancers take to the stage.
Emerald Storm is set to take the audience on a journey about restoring light to a darkening heaven.
This show combines theatre with dance as each performance pits the heroes against different elemental forces wreaking havoc on the peaceful land.
Each scene will be represented by different styles of dance such as thunder through tap and rain through ballroom.
The show is predominantly focused on Emerald Storm’s Irish style. Its urban approach brings the genre shooting into the 21st century while continuing to tip the hat to the traditional style.
Throughout the dancers’ quest, they meet allies in the form of singers accompanying their numbers.
A violinist, who represents the silver branch given by the Queen, will also entertain the audience.
- 1 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandalism spree
- 2 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 3 Poetry legend Pam Ayres enjoys Weston fish and chips!
- 4 Westonian turns 100 and praises 'antibiotics' for her longevity
- 5 Teen, 16, among football fans BANNED from matches
- 6 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 7 Have your say over major town centre redevelopment
- 8 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 9 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 10 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
Each time an element is defeated the threat is absorbed into Emerald Storm which ultimately culminates in an incredible finale of traditional Irish tap.
This magical journey of dance, singing and music is exciting and varied and offers up something for the whole family.
Emerald Storm will be at The Playhouse Theatre on October 12 at 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £23.50, are available from www.theplayhouse.co.uk or from 01934 645544.
The Mercury has once again teamed up with The Playhouse to offer two lucky readers a pair of tickets to see the show.
This competition will close at 10am on September 28 and no entries sent in after this time will be accepted.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the theatre regarding this prize.