WIN: Tickets to see The Nutcracker And The Four Realms at Weston’s Odeon cinema
- Credit: Laurie Sparham
A magical remake of a Christmas ballet and book will be brought to life on the screen by Disney.
The Nutcracker And The Four Realms follows the adventures of Clara as she goes in search of a key to unlock which contains a gift from her mother.
At her godfather Drosselmeyer’s annual holiday party, a gold thread leads her to the key – but it immediately vanishes into thin air, taking Clara with it.
The youngster (Mackenzie Foy) will have to be brave in the dangerous Fourth Realm to retrieve her key and restore harmony to the world.
This cinematic remake of E T A Hoffmann’s book The Nutcracker And The Mouse King and Pyotrllyich Tchaikovsky’s ballet will star Twilight’s Foy as Clara and Pirates Of The Caribbean actress Kiera Knightley as the Sugarplum Fairy.
You may also want to watch:
The two leading ladies will be joined by Prime Suspect’s Helen Mirren as Mother Ginger and Shawshank Redemption’s Morgan Freeman as Clara’s godfather.
The original story of The Nutcracker And The Mouth King was released in 1816 in which young Marie Stahlbaum’s favourite toy, the Nutcracker, comes to life and, after defeating the evil Mouse King in battle, whisks her away to a magical kingdom populated by dolls.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Banwell bypass route chosen
It was later adapted into a ballet in 1892 by Tchaikovsky and choreographers Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov.
The Nutcracker And The Four Realms will be at the Odeon from tomorrow (Friday).
For full times and ticket prices, visit www.odeon.co.uk
The Mercury has teamed up with the Odeon cinema once again to offer three lucky readers a pair of tickets to see the film.
This competition will close at 10am on November 9.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this competition, you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the cinema.