WIN: Tickets to see Twelfth Night in Weston
- Credit: Gideon Luke
A famous Shakespearean comedy will be retold by a Worle drama society.
The Worle Operatic and Drama Society (WODS) will be launching their 2019 season with Twelfth Night next month.
William Shakespeare’s story of unrequited love, lost souls, mistaken identity, lust and laughter will amuse audiences at one of the town’s smallest theatres.
WODS’ talented members will take on the challenge of playing unforgettable characters including Sir Toby Belch, Malvolio and Feste as they head for the land of Illyriafor.
The company are thrilled to be returning in 2019 with their second community project after the runaway success of last year’s A Midsummer Nights Dream at the Tropicana’s Theatre In The Bay.
They will be taking up residency in one of Weston’s ‘hidden gems’, the Theatre In The Hut.
One cast member, Yvonne, said: “It has always been on my bucket list to do Shakespeare but I never thought it could be such fun.
- 1 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 2 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 3 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 4 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 5 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 6 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 7 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 8 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 9 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 10 Lovely detached family home with Mendip views
“I do nothing but laugh in rehearsals and I know the audience are going to love this. Shakespeare has changed my life.”
Twelfth Night will be at The Theatre In The Hut, in Colonel Stephens Way off Milton Avenue, from May 1-4 at 7.30pm.
There will be a 2.30pm performance on May 4.
Tickets, priced £8-10, are available at www.worle operatic.co.uk/tickets
The Mercury has teamed up with the Worle Operatic Society to offer two lucky readers a pair of tickets to see the show.
This competition will close at 10am on April 25.
Usual Archant competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by the society and Archant regarding your prize.