Seven Drunken Nights: The Story of the Dubliners
- Credit: Archant
Portishead-based Prestige Productions brings to life the music of Ireland’s favorite sons
Following its sold-out smash-hit debut tour, Seven Drunken Nights: The Story of The Dubliners, returns to theatres in 2019 with an even bigger production.
Direct from the West End, the show, produced by Portishead-based Prestige Productions, brings to life the music of Ireland’s favorite sons - The Dubliners.
Telling the story of a career spanning 50 years and evoking the spirit of Ronnie Drew, Luke Kelly, Barney McKenna, Jim McCann, Ciaran Bourke and John Sheahan, a talented cast of musicians and singers bring the music of this iconic group to life.
At the Weston Playhouse on May 10, the show promises to have you singing and clapping along to such classics as The Wild Rover, The Black Velvet Band, The Irish Rover, Molly Malone, Finnegan’s Wake, McAlpines Fusileers, Raglan Road and, of course, The Seven Drunken Nights.
You may also want to watch:
This celebration of the music of The Dubliners is a celebration of Irish music itself and a guaranteed evening of harmonies, humor and ‘craic’.
To book or find out more, visit www.parkwoodtheatres.co.uk/Playhouse-Theatre
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab