Musical theatre and soap sensation to star in panto at Bristol Hippodrome
- Credit: Archant
A famous soap star will lead Bristol’s Hippodrome pantomime this year.
Shane Richie will take on the role of Dick Whittington, at the show which opens on December 7.
The tale sees poor boy, Dick Whittington, head to the London to find fame and fortune.
The Hippodrome's panto will bring the set, costumes and staging previously seen in Qdos Entertainment's acclaimed production at the London Palladium to the City with a brand-new script.
Richie, is best known for playing Albert Square's lovable landlord Alfie Moon in EastEnders.
You may also want to watch:
He has won numerous awards throughout his career and has numerous television credits having hosted a number of high-profile gameshows.
Dick Whittington will be performed at the Hippodrome from December 7 to January 5.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
Tickets, priced from £13, are available at www.atgtickets.com