Musical theatre and soap sensation to star in panto at Bristol Hippodrome
- Credit: Archant
A famous soap star will lead Bristol’s Hippodrome pantomime this year.
Shane Richie will take on the role of Dick Whittington, at the show which opens on December 7.
The tale sees poor boy, Dick Whittington, head to the London to find fame and fortune.
The Hippodrome's panto will bring the set, costumes and staging previously seen in Qdos Entertainment's acclaimed production at the London Palladium to the City with a brand-new script.
Richie, is best known for playing Albert Square's lovable landlord Alfie Moon in EastEnders.
You may also want to watch:
He has won numerous awards throughout his career and has numerous television credits having hosted a number of high-profile gameshows.
Dick Whittington will be performed at the Hippodrome from December 7 to January 5.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
Tickets, priced from £13, are available at www.atgtickets.com