Musical theatre and soap sensation to star in panto at Bristol Hippodrome
- Credit: Archant
A famous soap star will lead Bristol’s Hippodrome pantomime this year.
Shane Richie will take on the role of Dick Whittington, at the show which opens on December 7.
The tale sees poor boy, Dick Whittington, head to the London to find fame and fortune.
The Hippodrome's panto will bring the set, costumes and staging previously seen in Qdos Entertainment's acclaimed production at the London Palladium to the City with a brand-new script.
Richie, is best known for playing Albert Square's lovable landlord Alfie Moon in EastEnders.
He has won numerous awards throughout his career and has numerous television credits having hosted a number of high-profile gameshows.
Dick Whittington will be performed at the Hippodrome from December 7 to January 5.
- 1 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 2 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 5 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 6 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 7 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 8 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 9 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 10 Items left in town centre doorways to be removed in bid to tidy Weston town centre
Tickets, priced from £13, are available at www.atgtickets.com