Shipham Players to perform comedy Outside Edge
- Credit: Archant
Thespians from Shipham are putting on a show based on a popular TV series.
Outside Edge is set in a cricket pavilion in the 1980s.
The comedy became popular on the small screen in the 1990s and starred actors Timothy Spall, Brenda Blethyn and Josie Lawrence.
In the play, Roger has enough trouble assembling his cricket team, but the complications he endures are nothing compared with those occurring among the team's various wives and girlfriends.
Bob has trouble with his wife and ex-wife, while Alex's girlfriend gets locked in the loo and has hysterics.
Dennis flirts indiscriminately until his wife sets fire to his car, and, as a final catastrophe - rain starts to threaten the game.
Shipham Players is putting on the production from June 14-15 at Shipham Village Hall, in New Road.
- 1 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 2 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
- 3 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 4 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Haywood Village set for historic first-ever Jubilee celebration
- 7 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 8 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 9 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
- 10 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
Tickets, priced £10, go on sale on Saturay at 10am in the village hall and they can also be bought from Hansfords, in The Square.