Shipham Players to perform comedy Outside Edge
- Credit: Archant
Thespians from Shipham are putting on a show based on a popular TV series.
Outside Edge is set in a cricket pavilion in the 1980s.
The comedy became popular on the small screen in the 1990s and starred actors Timothy Spall, Brenda Blethyn and Josie Lawrence.
In the play, Roger has enough trouble assembling his cricket team, but the complications he endures are nothing compared with those occurring among the team's various wives and girlfriends.
Bob has trouble with his wife and ex-wife, while Alex's girlfriend gets locked in the loo and has hysterics.
You may also want to watch:
Dennis flirts indiscriminately until his wife sets fire to his car, and, as a final catastrophe - rain starts to threaten the game.
Shipham Players is putting on the production from June 14-15 at Shipham Village Hall, in New Road.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 4 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
Tickets, priced £10, go on sale on Saturay at 10am in the village hall and they can also be bought from Hansfords, in The Square.