Shipham Players to perform comedy Outside Edge
- Credit: Archant
Thespians from Shipham are putting on a show based on a popular TV series.
Outside Edge is set in a cricket pavilion in the 1980s.
The comedy became popular on the small screen in the 1990s and starred actors Timothy Spall, Brenda Blethyn and Josie Lawrence.
In the play, Roger has enough trouble assembling his cricket team, but the complications he endures are nothing compared with those occurring among the team's various wives and girlfriends.
Bob has trouble with his wife and ex-wife, while Alex's girlfriend gets locked in the loo and has hysterics.
You may also want to watch:
Dennis flirts indiscriminately until his wife sets fire to his car, and, as a final catastrophe - rain starts to threaten the game.
Shipham Players is putting on the production from June 14-15 at Shipham Village Hall, in New Road.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 New principal appointed at academy
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 New officer verification process introduced by police
- 10 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
Tickets, priced £10, go on sale on Saturay at 10am in the village hall and they can also be bought from Hansfords, in The Square.