Shipham Players to perform comedy Outside Edge
- Credit: Archant
Thespians from Shipham are putting on a show based on a popular TV series.
Outside Edge is set in a cricket pavilion in the 1980s.
The comedy became popular on the small screen in the 1990s and starred actors Timothy Spall, Brenda Blethyn and Josie Lawrence.
In the play, Roger has enough trouble assembling his cricket team, but the complications he endures are nothing compared with those occurring among the team's various wives and girlfriends.
Bob has trouble with his wife and ex-wife, while Alex's girlfriend gets locked in the loo and has hysterics.
You may also want to watch:
Dennis flirts indiscriminately until his wife sets fire to his car, and, as a final catastrophe - rain starts to threaten the game.
Shipham Players is putting on the production from June 14-15 at Shipham Village Hall, in New Road.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
Tickets, priced £10, go on sale on Saturay at 10am in the village hall and they can also be bought from Hansfords, in The Square.