Siblings combined age is nearly 700
SIBLINGS from Weston with the combined age of nearly 700 say they are aiming for the record books.
Margaret Davies, aged 88, has two sisters and five brothers all aged between 76-89 and says the fact that all of them are alive and well is rare.
Between Margaret, Win Hodgson, aged 89, Eileen Davies, aged 86, George Harris, aged 85, Kenneth Harris, aged 82, Keith Harris, aged 81, Ronald Harris, aged 77, and Leonard Harris, aged 76, they have 17 children, 32 grandchildren and 20 great-grandchildren.
Their ages total 664 years and all of them grew up and still live in Weston, aside from Keith who now lives in Bridgend.
The siblings were born to Ethel and Thomas Harris. The seven eldest were all born in a cottage in Banwell, before moving to Weston, where Leonard was born.
You may also want to watch:
Coincidently sisters Margaret and Eileen chose husbands who were themselves brothers.
Margaret, of Well Close, said: “When we were younger all eight of us had to sleep in same bed which is funny now looking back.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 10 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
“We think what we have is special and rare as we are all alive and who knows we may even make the Guinness World Record Book.”