Siblings create spectacular display to show support for keyworkers
- Credit: Shellie Thompson
A brother and sister from Weston have shown their appreciation for front-line key workers by creating a light-up display outside of their home.
Lilly-Rose Thompson, aged 6, and her brother Alex, 11, decided to create the display outside their home in Williton Crescent on the Coronation estate.
The display, which includes an illuminated NHS banner, took the kids just over four hours to put together, and celebrates the work of keyworkers including doctors, nurses, teachers and police officers.
Their mother, Shellie Thompson, said she was ‘extremely proud’ to have such caring and kind-hearted children.
She said: “They have worked really hard to show their support for our front-line workers.
You may also want to watch:
“Alex knows how much the front-line staff are working and how they are risking their lives to help others and we wanted to do something special to show them that everyone, even children, know and appreciate all they are doing.”
- 1 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 2 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 6 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare