A MYSTERIOUS sign with a confusing spelling has baffled residents in Worle. Villagers in Rubens Court were puzzled when a new sign appeared spelling the street name with an extra e .
A MYSTERIOUS sign with a confusing spelling has baffled residents in Worle.
Villagers in Rubens Court were puzzled when a new sign appeared spelling the street name with an extra 'e'.
The sign on the corner of the road is spelt Reuben, while the sign in Gainsborough Drive reads 'Rubens Court'.
One resident says he contacted North Somerset Council highways department several times to find out what has gone wrong, but nothing has been done.
You may also want to watch:
A council spokesman said: "There has been some confusion as to what the correct spelling is. We will get an inspector to check on the sign and we will be making enquiries.
"There has been no record of new signs go up in Rubens Court in the last financial year.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 8 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
"If resources become available will we correct the sign which needs altering but we cannot guarantee when that will be.