Sign up to Men's March to support Weston Hospicecare
- Credit: Weston Hospicecare
Weston Hospicecare is encouraging people to sign up to its Men's March to raise vital funds for the charity.
The 10-mile fundraiser, which is inspired by the Six Nations rugby tournament, will take place on March 20.
The charity has put new measures in place to comply with the latest coronavirus regulations and keep participants, staff and volunteers safe.
The route will now start and finish at Weston Cricket Club, and people will be allocated a start time to manage the flow of people taking part.
Walkers will be guided through the hospice’s home village of Uphill, along Weston beach and around Weston Woods before following the reverse route back to the cricket club.
After their walk, participants will receive a warm Pieminister pie and a goody bag - which will include a bottle of cider from event sponsors Thatchers and a pint glass - so they can watch the decisive England vs Ireland Six Nations rugby match in style at home.
Events manager Grace Dibden said: “We’re so excited to be planning ahead for another live event after what has been a tough year.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 7 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions
“Over the past two years the Men’s March event has seen hundreds of men come together to support Weston Hospicecare.
“Whether you are walking in memory of someone, to support your hospice, just for fun or a combination of all three, the Men’s March is a really enjoyable event.
“We will put measures in place to keep everyone safe, including contactless check in on the day and staggered start times. Further details are available on our website.
“A huge thanks to Thatcher’s Cider, who are sponsoring the event for a third year, and to Pieminister who have jumped right behind us and will enable our amazing supporters to enjoy some well-deserved refreshments at the end of their walk.
Registration is £18.50 for adults and £12.50 for children, with an early bird offer if you sign up before January 31.
The hospice is encouraging supporters to make a donation, or raise sponsorship on top of their entry, to support the care it provides to people with life-limiting conditions.