YOUNGSTERS wanting to be the next singing sensation are now benefiting from funding provided by the new Sing Up! organisation.
YOUNGSTERS wanting to be the next singing sensation are now benefiting from funding provided by the new 'Sing Up!' organisation.
The group has engaged the North Somerset Council music service to deliver three projects with more in the pipeline.
The aim is to make singing a central part of children's lives in primary schools, their homes and in the community.
Schools that have already signed up to take part in this year's North Somerset Schools' Singing Festivals have extra help from vocal leaders and will be given money to cover the cost of transport to the festivals.
You may also want to watch:
A huge event will also be held in the Winter Gardens in Weston on April 26.The 3,000 children already learning musical instruments will be taking part in a day of singing and music making.
For more details visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/education/schools/music+service/
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse