Group launches appeal after 68 dog waste bags found scattered across town
- Credit: Friends for Pets
A group is urging people to correctly dispose of their dog waste bags after it found 68 scattered across a town during a clear-up event.
Friends for Pets spent an hour in Axbridge clearing The Furlong, Chestnut Avenue as well as Church and Back Lane on Saturday.
A spokesman for the group said: "We think it's sad to see so many poorly discarded bags found on footpaths and playing fields in the town.
"People may think it's OK to not throw away a dog poo, but this can very quickly turn into the amount it did.
"It would be great to not find any next time we run the event in Axbridge."
Friends for Pets is holding monthly meets in areas of the Cheddar Valley and says volunteers are 'very welcome' to help the cause.
The group will gather for an hour at Cheddar's Draycott Park Play Area on July 13 at 10am.
- 1 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 2 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
- 3 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 4 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 7 Haywood Village set for historic first-ever Jubilee celebration
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 10 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
For more information about the meetings, visit www.facebook.com/friendsforpets