Skittles league raises hundreds for children’s charity
- Credit: Archant
Weston Mixed Skittles League held a charity competition which raised £315 for a North Somerset Children’s charity.
Chairman Mark Eastman presented a cheque to the league’s chosen charity Springboard Opportunity Group at Ashcombe Primary School, in Earlham Grove, on Monday.
The charity works to support children with additional needs from birth to to the age of five, as well as their families.
Liz Smith, business manager at Springboard Opportunity Group, said: “We depend heavily on support from the local community to fund our work with children and families.
“We are very grateful to the Weston Mixed Skittles League for choosing to support us with this generous donation of £315.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Eastman said: “On behalf of the young children and carers at Springboard, we would like to thank all of those who contributed to such a worthwhile cause.”
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Banwell bypass route chosen