Support Weston Hospicecare by making a will in February
- Credit: Archant
Weston Hospicecare hopes to raise thousands of pounds through its Make Your Will Week initiative.
The charity, which is based in Uphill, is giving people the chance to have a will drawn up in return for a donation to the hospice.
Six legal firms are offering their professional services for free to support the event.
Hospice fundraiser Anita Wiegel-Lloyd said: “Each year we are really lucky to work with local solicitors who sacrifice appointments during Make Your Will Week to support the expert and compassionate care given to those with life-limiting illnesses.
“In 2018, Make Your Will Week raised more than £18,000 for the hospice and since it began in 2012 it has raised nearly £100,000.
You may also want to watch:
“The week also gives people a chance to secure the future of their loved ones for a discounted price compared to standard prices.
“The wonderful solicitors taking part in the week only have limited spaces, so if anyone wants to make an appointment I would urge them to book their place soon before it is too late.”
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 4 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
The week runs from February 11-15 and minimum suggested donations are £120 for a single will and £200 for a mirror will.
Wards Solicitors, Berry Redmond Gordon & Penney, BGW Solicitors, Star Legal, Bennetts and John Hodge Solicitors will all be offering people appointments to draw up wills in exchange for a donation to the hospice.
The charity is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year and the money raised from the initiative will help to pay for the physical, psychological, spiritual and emotional care given to people with life-limiting conditions and their families.
To celebrate its landmark year, the hospice has launched its Challenge30 initiative to encourage people to take on sponsored events.
The hospice has also launched number of new fundraisers including a Men’s March, a wing-walk and a Sahara Desert trek.
The charity needs to raise £4.2million a year to pay for the vital care and support it offers.
Appointments for Make Your Will Week can be secured by contacting a participating solicitor directly.
To find out more email email@example.com or call 01934 423900.