Man trapped after car hits wall
- Credit: Archant
Emergency crews have freed a man who was trapped in a car after it careered into a stone wall.
The crash occurred on The Causeway, in Mark, this afternoon (Saturday).
Police, paramedics and Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service’s teams were dispatched to the scene at about 3pm.
One man was trapped in the vehicle when they arrived.
A fire service spokesman: “Two crews from Burnham on Sea, the rescue tender from Glastonbury and the rescue tender from Taunton attended.
“The crews stabilised the vehicle and worked alongside ambulance personnel to release the casualty using a spinal board.”
No further details about the casualty’s condition have been revealed at this stage.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 3 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 4 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 8 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 9 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 10 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
The road is open.