Thousands attend furniture store’s grand opening
- Credit: Archant
Gale force winds did not halt furniture business Sopha’s grand opening.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony saw the shop, in Highbridge's Church Street, opened by the town's mayor and people enjoyed listening to live music and browsing through a craft fair on the day.
Weston's X-Factor star Kezia Povey performed for audiences as well as the Lisa Jane School of Dance in Highbridge.
A spokesman for Sopha said: "The event went fantastically well.
"We were meant to have a marquee in the car park, but those plans were altered by Storm Hannah and its heavy winds.
"The shop saw a brilliant amount of people attend, which is amazing.
"Some of the organisers were here from 5am and we decided to hold the stalls inside due to the weather.
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 4 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 5 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 8 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
"We would like to give thanks to the generous support of the community for attending, despite the blustery conditions."
The opening ceremony was held on April 27.