Thousands attend furniture store’s grand opening
- Credit: Archant
Gale force winds did not halt furniture business Sopha’s grand opening.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony saw the shop, in Highbridge's Church Street, opened by the town's mayor and people enjoyed listening to live music and browsing through a craft fair on the day.
Weston's X-Factor star Kezia Povey performed for audiences as well as the Lisa Jane School of Dance in Highbridge.
A spokesman for Sopha said: "The event went fantastically well.
"We were meant to have a marquee in the car park, but those plans were altered by Storm Hannah and its heavy winds.
You may also want to watch:
"The shop saw a brilliant amount of people attend, which is amazing.
"Some of the organisers were here from 5am and we decided to hold the stalls inside due to the weather.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
"We would like to give thanks to the generous support of the community for attending, despite the blustery conditions."
The opening ceremony was held on April 27.