Thousands attend furniture store’s grand opening
- Credit: Archant
Gale force winds did not halt furniture business Sopha’s grand opening.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony saw the shop, in Highbridge's Church Street, opened by the town's mayor and people enjoyed listening to live music and browsing through a craft fair on the day.
Weston's X-Factor star Kezia Povey performed for audiences as well as the Lisa Jane School of Dance in Highbridge.
A spokesman for Sopha said: "The event went fantastically well.
"We were meant to have a marquee in the car park, but those plans were altered by Storm Hannah and its heavy winds.
You may also want to watch:
"The shop saw a brilliant amount of people attend, which is amazing.
"Some of the organisers were here from 5am and we decided to hold the stalls inside due to the weather.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 8 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Live at the Quarry is 'great success'
"We would like to give thanks to the generous support of the community for attending, despite the blustery conditions."
The opening ceremony was held on April 27.