South West in Bloom success for towns and villages
- Credit: Archant
The best green-fingered volunteers in the South West have been rewarded for their efforts.
South West in Bloom announced on Monday which communities had been successful in this year's competition.
Bleadon had two causes to celebrate, with the village earning the Wheatley Trophy and a silver gilt in the Pennant small village/town category.
Several of the people instrumental to the village's success gathered to celebrate the achievements at Bleadon Parish Council's meeting on Monday evening.
Weston in Bloom and Weston BID won a silver gilt in their categories, as did Burnham's entry.
You may also want to watch:
And Portishead in Bloom won a gold medal for the 12th year in succession.
For a full list of results, log on to www.southwestinbloom.org.uk
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 5 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 8 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 9 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years