South West in Bloom success for towns and villages
- Credit: Archant
The best green-fingered volunteers in the South West have been rewarded for their efforts.
South West in Bloom announced on Monday which communities had been successful in this year's competition.
Bleadon had two causes to celebrate, with the village earning the Wheatley Trophy and a silver gilt in the Pennant small village/town category.
Several of the people instrumental to the village's success gathered to celebrate the achievements at Bleadon Parish Council's meeting on Monday evening.
Weston in Bloom and Weston BID won a silver gilt in their categories, as did Burnham's entry.
You may also want to watch:
And Portishead in Bloom won a gold medal for the 12th year in succession.
For a full list of results, log on to www.southwestinbloom.org.uk
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 Inadequate care home responds
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone