South West in Bloom success for towns and villages
- Credit: Archant
The best green-fingered volunteers in the South West have been rewarded for their efforts.
South West in Bloom announced on Monday which communities had been successful in this year's competition.
Bleadon had two causes to celebrate, with the village earning the Wheatley Trophy and a silver gilt in the Pennant small village/town category.
Several of the people instrumental to the village's success gathered to celebrate the achievements at Bleadon Parish Council's meeting on Monday evening.
Weston in Bloom and Weston BID won a silver gilt in their categories, as did Burnham's entry.
You may also want to watch:
And Portishead in Bloom won a gold medal for the 12th year in succession.
For a full list of results, log on to www.southwestinbloom.org.uk
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
- 10 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess