Speed dating with a twist at the Grand Pier
- Credit: Grand Pier
The ‘speed’ is being put into speed dating at a Weston landmark this month.
The Grand Pier is inviting singletons aged 18-25 to go for a spin on the dodgems and date in a safe yet fun environment.
A pier spokesman said: “Speed dating can sometimes get boring or even awkward at times, so why not break the ice and try out this new exciting way of putting the speed into speed dating?
“As one of the most quirky venues in the South West we are putting our very own spin on the dating idea and moulding it to appeal to a younger audience.”
People are asked to dress comfortably and to arrive for registration at the pier on February 16 from 6.30pm, with the first date starting at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Guests will be given score cards to rate their dates and use their mingling time after the event to get to know each other.
Entry is £5 in advance. Book at www.grandpier.co.uk
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown