Speed dating with a twist at the Grand Pier
- Credit: Grand Pier
The ‘speed’ is being put into speed dating at a Weston landmark this month.
The Grand Pier is inviting singletons aged 18-25 to go for a spin on the dodgems and date in a safe yet fun environment.
A pier spokesman said: “Speed dating can sometimes get boring or even awkward at times, so why not break the ice and try out this new exciting way of putting the speed into speed dating?
“As one of the most quirky venues in the South West we are putting our very own spin on the dating idea and moulding it to appeal to a younger audience.”
People are asked to dress comfortably and to arrive for registration at the pier on February 16 from 6.30pm, with the first date starting at 7pm.
Guests will be given score cards to rate their dates and use their mingling time after the event to get to know each other.
Entry is £5 in advance. Book at www.grandpier.co.uk
- 1 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 2 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 3 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 4 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 5 Business park to off-set carbon emissions
- 6 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on