Fundraisers pedal 373 miles in aid of cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A devoted daughter from Weston organised a 24-hour cycle to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support which is supporting her mum.
Kaysha Potter organised a stationary bike ride at The Royal Hotel with friends, family and even Weston's mayor, Mark Canniford, taking turns on the exercise bikes.
Kaysha, aged 29, organised the fundraiser with her husband Shaun, to support her mum Lynn Watts.
She said: "We wanted to work up to 310 miles which is the distance from here to Gateshead where my mum was born, so we had 30 minute slots with two bikes donated to us from @Worle gym."
The fundraisers exceeded their targets by covering 373 miles and raising £1,100.
You may also want to watch:
Kaysha added: "It was a great event and amazing to see so many of our friends and family come together to help support us in raising money for such an amazing charity."
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 5 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 6 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications