Sports club for over 50s celebrates 25th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A CLUB which makes sport accessible to people aged over 50 has celebrated its 25th anniversary.
The Hutton Moor 50+ Club meets twice a week and provides equipment for a variety of sports and runs an aerobics and swimming session.
It has more than 300 members aged from 50 to 80.
It is also one of very few clubs in the country to offer walking netball, and it also runs walking football in conjunction with Weston Football Club.
Its members celebrated 25 years at a lunch event at the Royal Hotel in South Parade.
You may also want to watch:
They heard a speech from Ken Lacey, who helped to set up the club.
Dave Somers from Hutton Moor Leisure Centre, which the club is part of, spoke about the future of the centre and sport in the area for people over 50.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 8 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset