Spring shows to be held across North Somerset this week
- Credit: Archant
Villagers will showcase the fruits of their labour at a pair of spring shows this weekend, where there are certain to be plenty of colourful creations on show.
Banwell and Congresbury’s gardening clubs will host their showpieces seasonal events on Saturday.
Green-fingered villagers will be competing for prizes in a wide range of categories, with lots of pretty plants, huge vegetables and quirky crafts all certain to be exhibited.
Delightfully decorated cakes and picturesque photographs will also be in line for prizes.
Banwell Gardening Club’s show will be held at the village hall, in Westfield Crescent, at 2.30pm, with prizes offered at about 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Congresbury Gardening Club members will be hoping for success at the show, which will be held at the Old School Rooms, in Station Road.
It is also due to begin at 2.30pm on Saturday afternoon.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 8 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
To see pictures from the spring shows, pick up a copy of the Mercury next week.