Primary school wins social media award
- Credit: Archant
A primary school has been named as one of the country’s best at social media.
The St Anne’s Church Academy, which has sites in Hewish and West Wick, is the first school in North Somerset to receive the social school award.
Its award is to be shared with Castle Batch Primary School Academy, which is also part of The Priory Learning Trust (TPLT).
The award recognises how schools use social media and look for success in connecting, promoting and engaging families.
The school had to collect data, examples and evidence of their practice on Facebook and Twitter and create a small video to share how they use social media at St Anne’s.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Dadds of TPLT said: “This is fantastic news and is a worthy reward for three years of work by pupils, staff, parents and the whole community.
“We have tremendous primary academies, and it is wonderful to be able to share their enthusiasm and excellent work with the wider world.”
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston