Primary school wins social media award
- Credit: Archant
A primary school has been named as one of the country’s best at social media.
The St Anne’s Church Academy, which has sites in Hewish and West Wick, is the first school in North Somerset to receive the social school award.
Its award is to be shared with Castle Batch Primary School Academy, which is also part of The Priory Learning Trust (TPLT).
The award recognises how schools use social media and look for success in connecting, promoting and engaging families.
The school had to collect data, examples and evidence of their practice on Facebook and Twitter and create a small video to share how they use social media at St Anne’s.
Lisa Dadds of TPLT said: “This is fantastic news and is a worthy reward for three years of work by pupils, staff, parents and the whole community.
“We have tremendous primary academies, and it is wonderful to be able to share their enthusiasm and excellent work with the wider world.”
- 1 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 2 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 3 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 4 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 5 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 6 John Crockford-Hawley column: A Bridge Too Far?
- 7 PICTURES: Activists march to end violence against women
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 10 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'