Primary school wins social media award
- Credit: Archant
A primary school has been named as one of the country’s best at social media.
The St Anne’s Church Academy, which has sites in Hewish and West Wick, is the first school in North Somerset to receive the social school award.
Its award is to be shared with Castle Batch Primary School Academy, which is also part of The Priory Learning Trust (TPLT).
The award recognises how schools use social media and look for success in connecting, promoting and engaging families.
The school had to collect data, examples and evidence of their practice on Facebook and Twitter and create a small video to share how they use social media at St Anne’s.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Dadds of TPLT said: “This is fantastic news and is a worthy reward for three years of work by pupils, staff, parents and the whole community.
“We have tremendous primary academies, and it is wonderful to be able to share their enthusiasm and excellent work with the wider world.”
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 7 Inadequate care home responds
- 8 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'most caring and loving son'