Primary school wins social media award
- Credit: Archant
A primary school has been named as one of the country’s best at social media.
The St Anne’s Church Academy, which has sites in Hewish and West Wick, is the first school in North Somerset to receive the social school award.
Its award is to be shared with Castle Batch Primary School Academy, which is also part of The Priory Learning Trust (TPLT).
The award recognises how schools use social media and look for success in connecting, promoting and engaging families.
The school had to collect data, examples and evidence of their practice on Facebook and Twitter and create a small video to share how they use social media at St Anne’s.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Dadds of TPLT said: “This is fantastic news and is a worthy reward for three years of work by pupils, staff, parents and the whole community.
“We have tremendous primary academies, and it is wonderful to be able to share their enthusiasm and excellent work with the wider world.”
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years