Christmas fair raises more than £1,000
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 was raised at a festive fair at the weekend.
St Georges Community Centre, in Willow Close, hosted a Christmas fete on Saturday.
The event, which was co-organised with Alliance Homes, raised £1,200 for support groups and activities for unpaid adult carers in North Somerset.
Cream teas and mince pies were served, while Father Christmas paid youngsters a visit with a sack full of presents.
Holistic therapy massages, raffles and various festive-themed stalls were also on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the parish council and community centre bookings clerk, Sarah Fletcher, said: "We were really pleased with how popular the event was and how the day went.
"We were probably helped by the bad weather as people didn't want to be outside and we had plenty going on."
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Village housing development nears completion
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
Attention has already turned to 2020.
Cllr Fletcher said: "Our next fete will be at Easter and we hope to raise even more money then."