Christmas fair raises more than £1,000
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 was raised at a festive fair at the weekend.
St Georges Community Centre, in Willow Close, hosted a Christmas fete on Saturday.
The event, which was co-organised with Alliance Homes, raised £1,200 for support groups and activities for unpaid adult carers in North Somerset.
Cream teas and mince pies were served, while Father Christmas paid youngsters a visit with a sack full of presents.
Holistic therapy massages, raffles and various festive-themed stalls were also on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the parish council and community centre bookings clerk, Sarah Fletcher, said: "We were really pleased with how popular the event was and how the day went.
"We were probably helped by the bad weather as people didn't want to be outside and we had plenty going on."
- 1 RNLI believes return to Birnbeck Island 'the most credible option' for Weston
- 2 Weston town centre to undergo 'facelift' next month
- 3 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 4 Weston woman celebrates 105th birthday
- 5 Parents 'in tears' over Weston school's generous fuel fund
- 6 Weston site to offer more coronavirus tests for people with symptoms
- 7 Housing groups preparing application to build medical centre in village
- 8 Weston café raising funds to deliver meals to frontline workers
- 9 Work begins on Weston's £20million broadband investment
- 10 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
Attention has already turned to 2020.
Cllr Fletcher said: "Our next fete will be at Easter and we hope to raise even more money then."