Christmas fair raises more than £1,000
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 was raised at a festive fair at the weekend.
St Georges Community Centre, in Willow Close, hosted a Christmas fete on Saturday.
The event, which was co-organised with Alliance Homes, raised £1,200 for support groups and activities for unpaid adult carers in North Somerset.
Cream teas and mince pies were served, while Father Christmas paid youngsters a visit with a sack full of presents.
Holistic therapy massages, raffles and various festive-themed stalls were also on offer.
Chairman of the parish council and community centre bookings clerk, Sarah Fletcher, said: "We were really pleased with how popular the event was and how the day went.
"We were probably helped by the bad weather as people didn't want to be outside and we had plenty going on."
- 1 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 2 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 3 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 4 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 5 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 6 How you can keep your mobile charged at Glastonbury 2022
- 7 Weston business launches recruitment drive
- 8 'Caring' cat who saved owner up for national award
- 9 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 10 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandals strike
Attention has already turned to 2020.
Cllr Fletcher said: "Our next fete will be at Easter and we hope to raise even more money then."