Christmas fair raises more than £1,000
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 was raised at a festive fair at the weekend.
St Georges Community Centre, in Willow Close, hosted a Christmas fete on Saturday.
The event, which was co-organised with Alliance Homes, raised £1,200 for support groups and activities for unpaid adult carers in North Somerset.
Cream teas and mince pies were served, while Father Christmas paid youngsters a visit with a sack full of presents.
Holistic therapy massages, raffles and various festive-themed stalls were also on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the parish council and community centre bookings clerk, Sarah Fletcher, said: "We were really pleased with how popular the event was and how the day went.
"We were probably helped by the bad weather as people didn't want to be outside and we had plenty going on."
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 5 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 6 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 7 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 8 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 9 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend
Attention has already turned to 2020.
Cllr Fletcher said: "Our next fete will be at Easter and we hope to raise even more money then."