Christmas fair raises more than £1,000
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 was raised at a festive fair at the weekend.
St Georges Community Centre, in Willow Close, hosted a Christmas fete on Saturday.
The event, which was co-organised with Alliance Homes, raised £1,200 for support groups and activities for unpaid adult carers in North Somerset.
Cream teas and mince pies were served, while Father Christmas paid youngsters a visit with a sack full of presents.
Holistic therapy massages, raffles and various festive-themed stalls were also on offer.
Chairman of the parish council and community centre bookings clerk, Sarah Fletcher, said: "We were really pleased with how popular the event was and how the day went.
"We were probably helped by the bad weather as people didn't want to be outside and we had plenty going on."
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 4 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 5 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 6 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 7 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
- 8 Elderly couple targeted by distraction burglars
- 9 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station
- 10 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
Attention has already turned to 2020.
Cllr Fletcher said: "Our next fete will be at Easter and we hope to raise even more money then."