New friendship group set up to tackle social isolation
- Credit: Archant
A new group to tackle social isolation has been set up in St George’s.
The friendship group will meet on Wednesday at St George's Community Centre, in Willow Close, from 1-3pm.
The group is for adults to meet new people and socialise.
It has been set up by Rachael Hadley, who also runs The Play Den toddler groups, which meets at the community centre most weekdays.
She said: "I have seen a lot of posts on social media from people saying they were lonely and so many posts about mental health lately.
You may also want to watch:
"Also, knowing myself that, when you are off work, lots of people you know are working or unavailable, it's so hard as a grown-up to make new friends.
"I'm hoping for a vibrant mix of all ages, as I think there is such a need for younger people to be able to get out and socialise and meet new people because making friends is hard."
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 9 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 10 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
The group will meet every Wednesday, and entry is £1.