New friendship group set up to tackle social isolation
- Credit: Archant
A new group to tackle social isolation has been set up in St George’s.
The friendship group will meet on Wednesday at St George's Community Centre, in Willow Close, from 1-3pm.
The group is for adults to meet new people and socialise.
It has been set up by Rachael Hadley, who also runs The Play Den toddler groups, which meets at the community centre most weekdays.
She said: "I have seen a lot of posts on social media from people saying they were lonely and so many posts about mental health lately.
"Also, knowing myself that, when you are off work, lots of people you know are working or unavailable, it's so hard as a grown-up to make new friends.
"I'm hoping for a vibrant mix of all ages, as I think there is such a need for younger people to be able to get out and socialise and meet new people because making friends is hard."
- 1 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
- 2 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 3 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 4 Rail workers stage walkout in Weston for better working conditions and job security
- 5 Land near railway station could be sold for housing
- 6 French court claims Jill Dando may have been 'murdered by mistake'
- 7 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 8 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 9 Weston to celebrate Pride with style this weekend
- 10 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
The group will meet every Wednesday, and entry is £1.