New friendship group set up to tackle social isolation
- Credit: Archant
A new group to tackle social isolation has been set up in St George’s.
The friendship group will meet on Wednesday at St George's Community Centre, in Willow Close, from 1-3pm.
The group is for adults to meet new people and socialise.
It has been set up by Rachael Hadley, who also runs The Play Den toddler groups, which meets at the community centre most weekdays.
She said: "I have seen a lot of posts on social media from people saying they were lonely and so many posts about mental health lately.
You may also want to watch:
"Also, knowing myself that, when you are off work, lots of people you know are working or unavailable, it's so hard as a grown-up to make new friends.
"I'm hoping for a vibrant mix of all ages, as I think there is such a need for younger people to be able to get out and socialise and meet new people because making friends is hard."
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
The group will meet every Wednesday, and entry is £1.