Fundraiser awarded for contribution to dementia care
- Credit: Archant
A St Georges fundraiser finished as a finalist in the in dementia friendly awards.
Emma-Louise Woods came second in the outstanding contribution of the year category.
Emma-Louise has a passion for support within dementia care and has dedicated her time to fundraise, raise awareness and provide support to people living with dementia.
In 2016, she set up the first memory café at the GP surgery in Pastures Avenue to provide information and support, which is still held monthly.
She has spent her time fundraising for Alzheimer's Society by hosting events from cake sales and race nights, to trekking across the Great Wall of China.
You may also want to watch:
In August last year, Emma-Louise became a dementia champion and has been delivering dementia friends information sessions to the community to help spread awareness and create a more dementia-friendly community.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years