Fundraiser awarded for contribution to dementia care
- Credit: Archant
A St Georges fundraiser finished as a finalist in the in dementia friendly awards.
Emma-Louise Woods came second in the outstanding contribution of the year category.
Emma-Louise has a passion for support within dementia care and has dedicated her time to fundraise, raise awareness and provide support to people living with dementia.
In 2016, she set up the first memory café at the GP surgery in Pastures Avenue to provide information and support, which is still held monthly.
She has spent her time fundraising for Alzheimer's Society by hosting events from cake sales and race nights, to trekking across the Great Wall of China.
You may also want to watch:
In August last year, Emma-Louise became a dementia champion and has been delivering dementia friends information sessions to the community to help spread awareness and create a more dementia-friendly community.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 School to host outdoor open day