Fundraiser awarded for contribution to dementia care
- Credit: Archant
A St Georges fundraiser finished as a finalist in the in dementia friendly awards.
Emma-Louise Woods came second in the outstanding contribution of the year category.
Emma-Louise has a passion for support within dementia care and has dedicated her time to fundraise, raise awareness and provide support to people living with dementia.
In 2016, she set up the first memory café at the GP surgery in Pastures Avenue to provide information and support, which is still held monthly.
She has spent her time fundraising for Alzheimer's Society by hosting events from cake sales and race nights, to trekking across the Great Wall of China.
You may also want to watch:
In August last year, Emma-Louise became a dementia champion and has been delivering dementia friends information sessions to the community to help spread awareness and create a more dementia-friendly community.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'