Step-sisters raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
Two step-sisters have raised money for charity by selling their handmade creations.
Maisie Smith, aged 10, and eight-year-old Paris Yianni spent their Saturday outside their St Georges home selling loom bands they made to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
The duo managed to raise more than £100 and were busy selling from dusk till dawn.
Maisie's mum, Lindsey Tucker, said: "I am really proud of them both, they plan to give clothes to a local homeless charity as well which is so selfless.
"I wanted them to be recognised for it because I think it is an incredible act.
You may also want to watch:
"I will also double their fundraising total because as a family we know so many people affected by this disease so they wanted to do something positive for it. "Plus, it has meant they have been outside enjoying themselves and been kept off their iPads all day, which is always a bonus."
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Will garden village be revived?
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple