Step-sisters raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
Two step-sisters have raised money for charity by selling their handmade creations.
Maisie Smith, aged 10, and eight-year-old Paris Yianni spent their Saturday outside their St Georges home selling loom bands they made to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
The duo managed to raise more than £100 and were busy selling from dusk till dawn.
Maisie's mum, Lindsey Tucker, said: "I am really proud of them both, they plan to give clothes to a local homeless charity as well which is so selfless.
"I wanted them to be recognised for it because I think it is an incredible act.
You may also want to watch:
"I will also double their fundraising total because as a family we know so many people affected by this disease so they wanted to do something positive for it. "Plus, it has meant they have been outside enjoying themselves and been kept off their iPads all day, which is always a bonus."
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare