Charity seeks more first-aiders to help at major UK events
- Credit: St John Ambulance
Would-be first-aiders are being sought by St John Ambulance.
The emergency care charity is advertising for volunteers and is holding an open evening in Weston.
Good quality training will be provided to new recruits, and those who sign up will eventually be able to help the organisation cover major events, including the London marathon and the Cheltenham Festival.
Damien Macdonald, the charity’s area manager, said: “No previous training is required – it will all be provided – we just look for a desire to help people and the readiness to deal with situations that can be distressing.”
The open evening will run on Wednesday from 8-9.30pm at St John Ambulance’s base in Oldmixon Crescent.
You may also want to watch:
Applications to become a first-aider must be made online before Friday.
Anyone interested in volunteering can also find out more details by emailing email@example.com
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Will garden village be revived?
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans