Charity seeks more first-aiders to help at major UK events
- Credit: St John Ambulance
Would-be first-aiders are being sought by St John Ambulance.
The emergency care charity is advertising for volunteers and is holding an open evening in Weston.
Good quality training will be provided to new recruits, and those who sign up will eventually be able to help the organisation cover major events, including the London marathon and the Cheltenham Festival.
Damien Macdonald, the charity’s area manager, said: “No previous training is required – it will all be provided – we just look for a desire to help people and the readiness to deal with situations that can be distressing.”
The open evening will run on Wednesday from 8-9.30pm at St John Ambulance’s base in Oldmixon Crescent.
Applications to become a first-aider must be made online before Friday.
Anyone interested in volunteering can also find out more details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 4 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 5 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 6 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 7 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
- 8 Elderly couple targeted by distraction burglars
- 9 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 10 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station