PICTURES: Village fair and ‘amazing’ flower festival
- Credit: Archant
A village fair and ‘totally amazing’ flower festival attracted a large crowd at the weekend.
St Mary's Church, in Yatton, threw open its doors for two days of entertainment.
Historic cars were parked up for people to browse, church tours were run and beautiful floral displays were also set up.
Organiser Val Dickens said: "We had a good mix of people attend and lots were interested in the bell-ringing stall which also controlled the tower tours - again many people did the climb up to the turret, the views would have been amazing after the rain.
"The flowers were totally amazing and the theme was Yatton organisations."
You may also want to watch:
While there was an element of fun with a raffle taking place, there was a serious reason for the event.
Val said: "The money raised will go towards paying for urgent repairs to three church windows.
- 1 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 10 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
"But we also want to improve the kitchen and other things, so the work goes on."