PICTURES: Village fair and ‘amazing’ flower festival
- Credit: Archant
A village fair and ‘totally amazing’ flower festival attracted a large crowd at the weekend.
St Mary's Church, in Yatton, threw open its doors for two days of entertainment.
Historic cars were parked up for people to browse, church tours were run and beautiful floral displays were also set up.
Organiser Val Dickens said: "We had a good mix of people attend and lots were interested in the bell-ringing stall which also controlled the tower tours - again many people did the climb up to the turret, the views would have been amazing after the rain.
"The flowers were totally amazing and the theme was Yatton organisations."
You may also want to watch:
While there was an element of fun with a raffle taking place, there was a serious reason for the event.
Val said: "The money raised will go towards paying for urgent repairs to three church windows.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 4 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 5 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Horrible Histories show at Weston theatre
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend
"But we also want to improve the kitchen and other things, so the work goes on."