PICTURES: Village fair and ‘amazing’ flower festival
- Credit: Archant
A village fair and ‘totally amazing’ flower festival attracted a large crowd at the weekend.
St Mary's Church, in Yatton, threw open its doors for two days of entertainment.
Historic cars were parked up for people to browse, church tours were run and beautiful floral displays were also set up.
Organiser Val Dickens said: "We had a good mix of people attend and lots were interested in the bell-ringing stall which also controlled the tower tours - again many people did the climb up to the turret, the views would have been amazing after the rain.
"The flowers were totally amazing and the theme was Yatton organisations."
While there was an element of fun with a raffle taking place, there was a serious reason for the event.
Val said: "The money raised will go towards paying for urgent repairs to three church windows.
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 4 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 5 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 6 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 7 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
- 8 Elderly couple targeted by distraction burglars
- 9 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 10 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station
"But we also want to improve the kitchen and other things, so the work goes on."