Store employees are Tickled Pink
- Credit: Archant
A CHARITY day at a Weston-super-Mare supermarket raised more than £250.
Customers at Asda, in Phillips Road, were greeted with an array of homemade cakes when they did their shopping on Saturday.
There was also a tombola and a book and jigsaw sale for shoppers to enjoy, while staff at the store dressed in pink to raise funds for Tickled Pink breast cancer charities.
Store spokesman Rachel Mansfield said: “The sun finally came out to make the day really successful, and the cakes went really quickly along with the tombola.
“The day raised £280, which now brings the store’s fundraising total so far to £6,472.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition, extra charity events will also be running at the store throughout the month of October.”
For more information on Tickled Pink click here.
- 1 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 2 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 3 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 4 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 5 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 6 North Somerset Council launches local test and trace service
- 7 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 10 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved