Changes made to popular cycling trail the Strawberry Line
- Credit: Archant
The route was partly closed on June 29 and 30 due to maintenance work.
Resurfacing work on the Strawberry Line trail has been completed.
The maintenance was carried out between the A370 at Station Road Congresbury and Nye Road in Sandford.
A statement from North Somerset Council confirmed MP & KM Golding Road Reclamation completed the works and expressed thanks to Thatchers Cider.
Cllr James Tonkins said: “I would like to thank Thatchers for allowing us to carry out the improvements at Nye Road through their orchard. Thanks also to Goldings who carried out this high-quality work.”
You may also want to watch:
Honey Hall Lane and Nye Road were closed on June 29 and 30 for the improvements after a sharp increase in users during lockdown and to protect a population of badgers in the area.
Cllr Tonkin added: “New signs ask cyclists to pass pedestrians ‘wide and slow’ – it is important that we respect other users particularly the more vulnerable users.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset
“I’m looking forward to getting out on the trail later this week.”