Met Office warning ahead of storms
- Credit: Terry Kelly
A weather warning has been issued for the West Country with gales forecast over the next 48 hours.
North Somerset can expect some stormy weather tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday, according to the Met Office.
A yellow weather warning has been issued - a far cry from the gorgeous sunshine which led to record temperatures for the four-day bank holiday Easter weekend.
A Met Office spokesman said: “Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely, with bus and train services affected.
“Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely and there may be some short-term loss of power and other services is possible due to fallen branches.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s likely that some coastal routes, seafronts and coastal communities could be affected by spray and/or large waves.”
The weather warning will come into effect at 9pm tomorrow evening and is due to end at 3pm on Saturday afternoon.
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 4 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 5 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 6 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters