Met Office warning ahead of storms
- Credit: Terry Kelly
A weather warning has been issued for the West Country with gales forecast over the next 48 hours.
North Somerset can expect some stormy weather tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday, according to the Met Office.
A yellow weather warning has been issued - a far cry from the gorgeous sunshine which led to record temperatures for the four-day bank holiday Easter weekend.
A Met Office spokesman said: “Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely, with bus and train services affected.
“Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely and there may be some short-term loss of power and other services is possible due to fallen branches.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s likely that some coastal routes, seafronts and coastal communities could be affected by spray and/or large waves.”
The weather warning will come into effect at 9pm tomorrow evening and is due to end at 3pm on Saturday afternoon.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 6 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 7 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 9 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 10 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?