Weather warning issued due to strong winds
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning has been issued for North Somerset later today with strong winds expected to hit the town.
The Met Office has forecast strong winds from noon today (Tuesday) until midnight.
Strong winds are expected to cause some disruption to road, rail, air and ferry transport.
Bus and train services could take longer and drivers of large vehicles are urged to take care on exposed routes and bridges.
A short-term loss of power and other services is possible.
You may also want to watch:
Coastal towns could be affected by spray and large waves.
- 1 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 3 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 6 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 7 Weston Lions cancel Real Ale Festival
- 8 Weston vets wins two awards
- 9 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 10 Teenager charged with murder in Weston