Weather warning issued due to strong winds
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning has been issued for North Somerset later today with strong winds expected to hit the town.
The Met Office has forecast strong winds from noon today (Tuesday) until midnight.
Strong winds are expected to cause some disruption to road, rail, air and ferry transport.
Bus and train services could take longer and drivers of large vehicles are urged to take care on exposed routes and bridges.
A short-term loss of power and other services is possible.
You may also want to watch:
Coastal towns could be affected by spray and large waves.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 6 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again