Weather warning issued due to strong winds
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning has been issued for North Somerset later today with strong winds expected to hit the town.
The Met Office has forecast strong winds from noon today (Tuesday) until midnight.
Strong winds are expected to cause some disruption to road, rail, air and ferry transport.
Bus and train services could take longer and drivers of large vehicles are urged to take care on exposed routes and bridges.
A short-term loss of power and other services is possible.
You may also want to watch:
Coastal towns could be affected by spray and large waves.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half