More houses planned for Banwell
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of homes are planned for a village already being eyed by developers.
Strongvox Homes has submitted proposals for 63 houses off Banwell’s Wolvershill Road to North Somerset Council.
Bellway Homes has already secured permission for more than 40 houses off Wolvershill Road, and a number of other developments are mooted for the village.
The developer’s design and access statement said: “The site is in close proximity to the centre of the village and should be considered as a sustainable location suitable for a residential development.
“The site represents a logical extension of Banwell being located in close proximity to the main services with direct pedestrian and cycle links.
You may also want to watch:
“Traditional features found in the village will provide reference for the design.”
The plans will be reviewed by North Somerset before a decision is made.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse