Student shaves hair off before prom night
- Credit: Sub
While most teenagers were making sure their hair looked perfect ahead of their proms, one Weston student decided to have hers shaved off instead.
Toni Nash, aged 16, said she has been growing her hair for her whole life.
But she decided to have it all taken off in aid of Papyrus, which tries to prevent young people from committing suicide.
Toni, who goes to Broadoak Mathematics and Computing College, has raised more than £1,330 so far.
Before her hair was shaved off, she said: “I’ve been wanting to do this for over a year now but have been waiting for the right time.”
You may also want to watch:
Her hair, which was 30 inches long, was shaved off before she went to for her school’s prom.
Toni’s hair is also being donated to a charity which makes wigs for those who have lost theirs during cancer treatment.
To donate, visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Toni-Nash
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 3 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
- 6 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 7 Town centre park to reopen as wellbeing park for people to aid mental and physical health
- 8 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 9 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 10 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer